• PROFILE PIC AND ABOUT LINK

• SEARCH FORM

• ARCHIVES DROPDOWN

• !!!SPACER UNDER ARCHIVES DROPDOWN

BYW
  • « | Home | »

Armoire, Pegs & Casserole Great.ly Store

May 23, 2014 | Close To My Heart, Design, Homeware, My Great.ly Store | 34 Comments »

Mel Chesneau, Armoire Pegs & Casserole Great.ly Tastmaker online store

It’s with absolute excitement that I can officially announce that I am curating an online boutique. Yes, my very own store! Something I’ve wanted to do for so long and it feels really good. This store of mine isn’t a regular online store though, I will be doing this through the Great.ly channel. Now if you haven’t heard about Great.ly then that’s pretty normal because today approximately 50 chosen bloggers and influencers are announcing the launch of their curated boutiques. It really is the beginning of something ground breaking. Read on and I’ll tell you how it works.

Great.ly is a gorgeous new marketplace where Tastemakers (bloggers like me), connect Makers with shoppers. It really couldn’t be simpler. So if you know and love the style of a particular blogger or influencer, you can tap into that style via their boutique. Once you’re there, you’ll find things that they love and that you’re sure to love too.

I’ve already curated a selection of beautiful homewares, accessories, gifts and art in my boutique. None of it is mass produced, all of it with good design in mind and of course items that I adore and would happily own myself. I will continually be updating my store with fresh new product as I discover new emerging talent.

Enough about it, how about you check it out for yourself, pop over to my brand spanking new Armoire, Pegs & Casserole store!

So… what did you think?

One more thing before I go. If you’re a maker this could be an opportunity for you to get noticed and to get your product and talent out there internationally. All makers need to do is apply to set up a studio and continue to make beautiful things while store curators sell it for you. It’s a brilliant concept. If you are a maker and are ready to take on the world, I urge you to apply to have a studio today.

I do hope that you join me in my excitement and I would love any help you can give me in spreading the word about my boutique.

Happy weekend!

Mel xx

Armoire Pegs & Casserole Great.ly store

Share this post on Facebook Tweet this post

COMMENTS

1. May 23rd, 2014 at 8:37 am

Hi Mel!
      Wow that looks great! Love your ceramics and planter selection!
      Well done!! hx

Thanks Hege xx

2. May 23rd, 2014 at 8:42 am

Congratulations, it looks fab! Especially love your ceramics and wall art picks. Will keep an eye out. Good luck!

mel replied:

Thanks Yvonne. I’ll definitely be adding more in the coming days as new makers come on board. M xx

3. May 23rd, 2014 at 4:53 pm

oh thats very exciting Mel!!! congrats – looking forward to seeing more!!

4. mel
      May 23rd, 2014 at 5:08 pm

Thanks Anastasia:) It feels really great! xx

5. May 23rd, 2014 at 7:40 pm

How fabulous!! Big congratulations Mel on another ambition fulfilled – things are aligning beautifully – well done xx

Thanks Amy. Hope so xx

6. May 23rd, 2014 at 8:15 pm

Wonderful news, Mel! I love the concept behind GREAT.LY, it seems so simple and clean. I of course love everything you have curated (no surprise there). I am sure this will be a fun adventure and you can be a shop owner without leaving the comforts of your own home! How fun! Wishing you a wonderful grand opening xx

mel replied:

Thanks Jocelyn, the concept was rather appealing. Have a lovely weekend and just LOVED reading your Hive talk on your blog. xx M

7. May 24th, 2014 at 6:56 am

Congratulations! It’s definitely very exciting and interesting to curate your own store! :) Haven’t heard about great.ly before, will definitely go and check it out!
      Good luck with your shop!

mel replied:

It’s so much fun actually! The only problem is that I would like to buy everything myself so it could be dangerous… Give that gorgeous little 1 year old a kiss for me xx

8. May 24th, 2014 at 7:33 am

The shop looks great, I’m seriously tempted by the MacBook case! I wish you every success with it. Have a good weekend.
      Emma x

Thanks Emma. It’s a work in progress and yes love that MacBook case too… x

9. May 24th, 2014 at 2:26 pm

So cool Mel! I am excited to discover your selection!!

mel replied:

Thanks Audrey. Yes all handmade goodness, I hope you like my selection so far. xx

10. May 25th, 2014 at 9:36 am

Brilliant mel! I’ll go over and admire it!xx

mel replied:

Thanks Caroline, hope you like it xx

11. May 25th, 2014 at 10:39 am

Fantastic Mel!! BIG congrats!! So pleased to hear you’re part of this cool new concept. Your curation looks beautiful! x x x x

mel replied:

Thanks Michelle, it all happened rather quickly but very happy. xx

12. May 26th, 2014 at 12:39 am

Hm, such a great business idea behind! And you absolutely had to curate your own selection. It is a brilliant exercise too to see how it works and one day you can do your very own thing, isn’t it? I know you always wanted to have your own little retail space. But for now let me jump over and see your excellent taste. xx

Thanks Gudy. I hope that I will see your beautiful ceramics there! x

13. May 27th, 2014 at 12:40 am

Congratulations, what a great way to express your style and share it! Your selection is beautiful and consistent, it makes me want to buy just about every single item.

mel replied:

Thanks so much, such a lovely thing to say. xx

14. May 27th, 2014 at 5:16 am

Had a brief look at Great.ly… sounds like a fab idea. Brilliant for the shopping addicted bloggers:-))

Wonderful that your long dream of owning a shop is now reality:-)

I’ve seen that a lot of you are selling the same stuff. Must be because it’s new.. .. but would have thought that finding makers is the easiest part. In my opinion, the interest here is the curation and exclusivity.

Take Nicoletta, for example (currently on my blog) – the beauty would be for her to do one-off’s for you to sell exclusively.

Good luck lovely. Enjoy the journey xx

mel replied:

Good point and I guess it’s the early days with makers coming on board. There are quite a lot of them but they haven’t loaded product… So at the moment you’ll see some cross overs but soon when it reaches a critical mass, it’s going to be very unique. The exclusive this is definitely something available and something that I will be doing. M xx

15. May 27th, 2014 at 5:08 pm

I thought I’d commented on this post Mel but it must have been on facebook. Just wanted to say congratulations and wish you every success with your new venture. It will be fabulous, I just know it. As Amy above said “things are aligning wonderfully”.

Very happy for you and well done with everything you’ve achieved with your blog so far. xx

mel replied:

Oh thanks Catherine. Yes very excited to be part of this and I do feel like things are moving along right now. Biggest thanks to you for your support and sharing the store, much appreciated. xx M

16. May 28th, 2014 at 2:22 am

How exciting, the buzz about Great.ly is fun to watch. Congratulations for getting up and running. I especially liked your textile section. Best of luck with your shop.

Thanks Debbie!

17. May 28th, 2014 at 8:02 am

[…] Armoire, Pegs & Casserole Great.ly Store | […]

18. June 1st, 2014 at 7:56 am

Congratulations Mel!! How very exciting. Wishing you every success for your boutique & your fabulous blog x

19. June 20th, 2014 at 12:09 pm

Oh how wonderful to hear such great things and events to celebrate!!! Dear Mel so happy for you and a BIG congratulation with your birthday. I’ve been quite offline the last month so it’s such a thrill to read about all your new adventures! Wishing you all the luck in the world with your new projects and I’ve shared your boutique on pinterest. Such delicate goods and I just discovered that I’ve made a future DIY similar to the FUROSHIKI BAG. Well there’s new things on my wishlist now, so thank you. Wishing you an amazing weekend and a happy Friday Mel, big hugs!

mel replied:

Oh thanks Mette! I can’t wait to see the bag DIY, I’m sure it will be amazing as usual. Good news for you is that you may be able to go shopping courtesy of me because it’s my blog birthday and today I just posted a giveaway of 2 x $100 vouchers to redeem in my store. Hope you enter. Big hugs and thanks for sharing my store Mette! xx