It’s been a while since I wrote about Feng Shui, I’ve actually been spending time implementing it in my home. The funny thing is, some areas in my home already had the good symbols for the corresponding area without me knowing, yet in other areas, I had it all wrong. Interestingly, the areas that needed improving in my life, also needed a little help with the symbols and the others were working just fine! I’ll share with you soon some of the improvements I’ve made around my home. Until then, I’ll continue breaking down the map of the bagua for you.
Today we’re looking at two more areas of feng shui for a harmonious home: Fame and Helpful People. If this is the first of the series that you’re reading, it would be good to take a look at part 1 and part 2. You will also need to be familiar with a bagua, which is an area in your home that represents the different areas in your life. The diagram that you can use as a guide, is in part 1.
Element enhancements: fire & wood (avoid earth & water)
Fame doesn’t necessarily mean being famous as such, it’s really how you go out in the world and are perceived, or the difference you make. A lot of the symbols for fame are quite obvious ones. Remember, you can choose your own symbol to put in your different bagua, it’s about what it represents to you. Here is a guide:
- The peacock – the beautiful colours and “thousand eyes” are supposed to bring fame and luck
- Images or objects of high things like the sun, a star, mountain (so that people look up to you)
- Candles and lights
- Cards from friends and drawings from children
- A television
- Bells to symbolize reputation
- Awards, diplomas, trophies etc
Helpful People & Travel
Colours: white, greys & black
Element enhancements: Metal & earth (avoid water & fire)
This is about attracting the right people in your life from mentors to friends and family that support and offer you guidance. This area also relates to travel. Go with your instinct and feeling to create your symbols. Here are some suggestions:
- Hands in an image or object
- Bells to call helpful people
- Anything that depicts spiritual meaning to you
- A telephone
- Images or souvenirs of places you’d like to travel to
- Filing cabinets to bring order and help make decisions
- Silver or metal boxes
Have a fantastic weekend everyone, I hope that wonderful, helpful people surround you. See you Monday!
Image used with permission and is copyright to Cam Neville, Documentary Photographer